WHAT IS SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
The Department has implemented Skype for Business for its staff to work efficiently by using the latest technology for online collaboration. Skype for Business is a unified communication platform that integrates common channels of business communication and online meetings, including instant messaging, presence, file transfers and video conferencing.
FEATURES OF SKYPE FOR BUSINESS:
• Find and add people to your contact list.
• Check presence status and send an Instant Message
• Start an ad hoc Skype for Business Meeting
• Schedule a Skype for Business Meeting
• Join a Skype for Business Meeting from your phone
• Join a Skype for Business Meeting from your
• Share your screen
• Upload and Share a PowerPoint presentation
• Use video in your meeting
• Record your meeting
BENEFITS OF USING SKYPE FOR BUSINESS:
• Your status and availability can be linked to your Outlook calendar
• You can see when your work colleagues are available, this is particularly helpful for colleagues working in different locations
• Communicate with a group of colleagues using instant messaging, voice and video calls. This reduces business travel costs.
• Hold an online meeting with PowerPoint slides
• Share documents
• Instant messaging provides an alternative to email for quick questions and comments,
Skype for Business can be installed on devices such as PC, Laptop, Mac, Mobile device and Smart phone.