WHAT IS SMARTGOV SYSTEM?
It is a new IT system that enables users to work electronically to request for leave. All employees can now conveniently request and approve leave online.
It enables users to make leave requests and approve leave wherever they are and know the status of their request from anywhere.
Smartgov enables the following manual processes to be electronic:
• Leave Management
• Submission (memo) generation etc.
WHY DO WE HAVE IT?
• Move DTPS from manual paper-based government to electronic government.
• DTPS to lead by example in the use of ICT in the public sector for service delivery.
• Leave Request and Approval
• The Submissions and Memo’s: Electronic Submissions / Memo’s generation and approval will be done later.
• Submit online
• Reduce delays in approval process
• Track progress at all times
• Respond online
• No Loss of documentation
• Reduce audit findings on poor manual controls
• Improves efficiency – reduce cost and increase productivity
• Access on the move
• Enforce departmental standards on leave/submissions/memo response times.
• To make DTPS to lead by example in the use of ICT in the public sector as an ICT department.
WHEN IS IT COMING?
The Smartgov Application for Leave of Absence is in use from 7 August 2017.
e-Submissions is in the process of being rolled out and training will be scheduled as soon as the going live date is set.